Large dog breeds need plenty of exercise to stay healthy and happy. A good long walk every day is essential, and a large yard where they can run around is ideal. They also need plenty of attention and playtime. Make sure to give your large dog lots of toys to chew on, as well as plenty of time to just hang out and be with you.
Large breed dogs are often very strong, and they can easily knock over small children or adults if they aren’t careful. It’s important to teach your large dog to be gentle around people, and to always walk calmly on a leash. With proper training and socialization, most large dogs are gentle giants who are great with kids and other pets.
Even though large dogs need lots of exercise, they don’t do well in hot weather. They can easily overheat, so it’s important to keep them cool and out of the sun during the hottest hours of the day. Never leave your large dog in a car or other enclosed space on a warm day, as they can quickly become dangerously overheated.
Large dogs also tend to be less active in cold weather. They may not want to go for walks in the snow, and they may sleep more during the winter months. This is normal behavior, and there’s no need to worry unless your dog starts to lose weight or has other health problems.
Large breed dogs make great companions, and they can provide plenty of love and affection. If you’re able to give your dog the exercise, attention, and space he needs, he will be a loyal and loving member of your family for years to come.
List of Large Dog Breeds
- Alaskan Malamute – Facts and Info
- Chesapeake Bay Retriever
- Great Pyrenees
- Kangals – Natural Born Protectors
- King Shepherd – Complete Guide & Top Facts
- Labrador Retriever
- Tamaskan – Complete Breed Guide & Top Facts
- The Akbash Dog – Top Guide & Facts
- The Akita Dog – Top Facts and Info
- The Anatolian Shepherd – Complete Guide
- The Bernese Mountain Dog – Complete Guide
- The Black German Shepherd – Everything You Need To Know
- The Czechoslovakian Wolfdog
- The Estrela Mountain Dog – Complete Guide
- The German Shepherd Dog
- The Great Dane – Breed Guide & Top Facts
- The Presa Canario – Canary Mastiff Dog Guide
- The Sable German Shepherd – Top Facts & Guide
- The Utonagan Dog – Guide & Top Facts
- The White German Shepherd – All The Facts About This Magnificent Breed