When it comes to naming a pet hamster, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First and foremost, the name should be easy for your hamster to recognize. Secondly, it should be something that you can easily remember. And of course, it should be something that won’t offend anyone. Think about what you want your hamster’s name to reflect. Do you want it to be cute and playful, or strong?
Some people like to name their hamster after their pet’s physical characteristics such as their size, color, or behavior.
Top 10 Popular Hamster Names
When naming your new hamster, you might want to consider some of the following popular ideas:
Cute Hamster Names
If you’re looking for some really cute hamster names, then look no further! Here are some of our absolute favorites:
- Thumbelina: This is such a sweet and delicate name for a tiny hamster.
- Snuggles: Perfect for a little hamster that loves to snuggle up in his bed
- Buttons: A great name for a small and round hamster.
- Peanut: An adorable name for a small and nutty hamster
- Nibbles: Great for a hamster that loves to nibble on everything!
- Speckles: perfect for a hamster with lots of cute little markings.
- Pumpkin: Another great name for a small and round hamster.
- Duffy: A great name for a cuddly and lovable hamster.
- Honey: This is such a sweet name for a honey-colored hamster.
- Jasper: A perfect name for a handsome and dapper hamster.
- Princess: An adorable name for a sweet and regal hamster.
- Angel: This is a perfect name for a hamster that is always so good.
- Lucky: A great name for a hamster that always seems to be lucky.
- Sunshine: This is such a sweet and cheery name for a hamster that always brings happiness.
Female Hamster Name Ideas
Male Hamster Name Ideas
Hamster Names From Movies & TV Shows
There are a few famous hamsters from movies and TV shows below are a few of the best known ones:
- Rhino (Bolt)
- Myron (Secret Life of Pets)
- Fang (Horrid Henry)
- Gizmo (Gremlins)
Hamster Names Based on Color
Choosing a name based on the color of your cute little hamster is one of the easiest ways to name them. Hamsters now come in a wide range of colors and have been selectively bred in captivity based on their color, pattern, and the lengths of their coats
Brown Hamster Names
Some species of hamster are naturally are brown color such as the Chinese hamster, below are a list of names inspired by their brown color:
Golden Hamster Names
Most hamsters that you find in a pet store will be Syrian Hamsters they are often a golden or apricot color and are very popular as a first pet for younger children. Below are some name ideas for a pet hamster that is golden in color:
Grey Hamster Names
There are a few species of hamster that are naturally grey in color, here are a few name ideas:
Black Hamster Names
Black is a rare color for hamsters, below are some name ideas for a black hamster:
Our Top Hamster Naming Tips
Here are a few of our top tips for naming a pet hamster:
1. Keep it short and sweet. A shorter name is easier for your hamster to learn, and it’s also less likely to offend anyone.
2. Make sure the name is easy to pronounce. This will make it easier for you to say and for your hamster to understand.
3. Avoid names that sound like commands.
4. Choose a name that reflects your hamster’s personality. If your hamster is playful and energetic, consider a name like “Buddy” or “Sunshine.” If your hamster is more laid-back, then try something like “Snuggles” or “Sleepy”
5. Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to get creative when naming your hamster. After all, this is your chance to give your furry friend a unique and personal name.