In this section of Animal Corner we are featuring just some of the animals that reside on the farm. You can find lots of interesting animal information about your favourite farm animals. You can discover and learn what life is like on the farm for sheep, pigs, cows, goats, ducks, llamas, chickens and horses.
Farm animals are bred for many purposes. Chickens give us our eggs, Cows and Goats provide us with nutritious milk. Different breeds of sheep produce many kinds of wool fibres which are made into clothing. Pigs provide us with bacon and pork and Ducks become a succulent duck roast. Horses are used as working animals, for sports and leisure activities.
However, all these animals are not just there to provide us with materials, aid and provisions, they also make wonderful pets which give us years of pleasure and devotion. Some of them even look after other animals you may have, just like the adorable Llamas!
- Chickens – small, feathered birds that are typically used for their eggs. Chickens are easy to care for and don’t require a lot of space
- Cows – one of the most common farm animals is the cow. Cows are large, four-legged animals that are known for their milk production. Farmers often keep cows for their milk and meat. Cows are gentle creatures that are easy to care for, making them a popular choice among farmers.
- Ducks – are another type of farm animal that is becoming increasingly popular. Ducks are small, feathered animals that are typically used for their eggs.
- Goats – are another type of farm animal that is becoming increasingly popular. Goats are small, four-legged animals that are known for their milk production. Farmers often keep goats for their milk and meat. Baby Goats are called Kids.
- Horses – large, four-legged mammals that are known for their strength and beauty. Farmers often keep horses for transportation and labor. Horses require a lot of care and space, making them less popular among farmers. There are over 300 breeds of horse.
- Llamas – ownership is becoming ever more popular as people discover that llamas are possibly the world’s most versatile companion farm animals and certainly among the most beautiful and captivating.
- Pigs – are large, four-legged animals that are known for their bacon and pork production. Farmers often keep pigs for their meat .
- Sheep – another common farm animal. Sheep are large, four-legged animals that are known for their wool production. Farmers often keep sheep for their wool and meat.
Fun Farm Animal Activities
- Farm Animal Quiz – test your knowledge on the different Farm Animals
- Farm Animal Jokes – a selection of kid friendly jokes about farm animals